The church was founded in 1867, during a time when there were many conversions to Christ among local farming communities. Initially the church met in a tent.
In 1875, a chapel and manse were constructed in what is now Chapel Lane, and the church moved out of the tent to become established as Binfield Chapel.
In 1975 the church joined the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches (FIEC), and continues today fully to support the goals and distinctive beliefs of that fellowship.
In 1995 a major renovation of the church buildings was undertaken, replacing the pews with movable chairs to allow a much wider use of the buildings, adding in a baptistery, and giving the whole place a more contemporary and welcoming feel.
In 2000, Binfield Free Church and Edgbarrow Evangelical Fellowship (from Sandhurst) came together to form one united fellowship based out of the original buildings in Binfield.
In 2016, the church was established as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) with a new Constitution and Church Rules, registered with the Charity Commission (Number 1167303).
Today we have 26 church members, with a Sunday morning congregation of around 40-45 persons. We are a relatively young church: for example, there are 19 children under 16 on the register for our Sunday children’s ministry.